Childcare Vouchers-the scope is wider than you may have thought………………..

National Insurance, Payroll, Personal Tax l


You can use Childcare Vouchers as full or part payment for:

  • Day Nursery
  • Nursery School
  • Childminder
  • Playgroup / Crèche
  • Pre-School
  • Holiday scheme
  • Qualified nanny / Au pair
  • Out of school club
  • Holiday Play Scheme

To benefit from the Tax and National Insurance exemption your childcare provider must hold either a current registration certificate (with a unique reference number (URN) or an approval certificate with an expiry date and reference number.

If you joined your employer’s scheme on or before 5 April 2011 you can get up to £55 each week, or £243 each month free of tax and NICs. If you joined your employer’s scheme on or after 6 April 2011 you can still get up to £55 each week free of tax and NICs if your employment earnings are not more than the higher rate threshold. If your earnings are more than the higher or additional rate thresholds then the amount you can get free of tax and NICs is reduced.

If both parents are eligible for the vouchers then both can receive them.